Mixed Sprouts Poha
Recipe type: Breakfast
A nutritious breakfast taken early in the morning holds you in good stead throughout the day. Batata poha is a breakfast dish that's really easy to make and is commonly eaten in most houses. To make it healthier, i have substituted potatoes with sprouts in this recipe as sprouted pulses are easier to digest while providing precious nutrients like iron, calcium, b-complex vitamin and c.
- 1½ cups beaten rice (poha)
- 1½ cups boiled mixed sprouts
- 1 tsp oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- 1 tbsp finely chopped green chillies
- ½ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- For The Garnish
- 1 tbsp chopped finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- Place the beaten rice on a sieve and wash lightly. Drain and leave aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few minutes or till the onion turn light brown in colour.
- Add the mixed sprouts and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the turmeric powder, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the beaten rice and lemon juice and mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.