Oats Moong Toast (Fibre and Protein Rich)
Recipe type: Breakfast
Oats is not just for porridge! why not make a delicious and nutritious toast by combining oats and moong with lots of perky coriander? make sure you make these just before serving, to prevent them from turning soggy.
- For The Topping
- ½ cup green moong dal (split green gram) , soaked and drained
- 1½ cups roughly chopped coriander (dhania)
- ½ cup quick cooking rolled oats
- 1 tbsp finely chopped green chillies
- 1½ tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 pinches sugar
- salt to taste
- Other Ingredients
- 4 whole wheat bread slices
- 1½ tsp olive oil for brushing and cooking
- For the topping
- Combine all ingredients with little water and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Transfer the paste to a bowl and divide it into 4 equal portions. Keep aside.
- How to proceed
- Brush ⅛ tsp of oil on one side of each bread slice.
- Place each bread slice on a flat surface, with the brushed side facing downwards and spread a portion of the topping evenly over it.
- Place each open sandwich on a non-stick tava (griddle) with the prepared topping side facing downwards and cook, using ¼ tsp of oil, till the topping turns golden brown in colour.
- Turn over and cook on the other side till it turns golden brown in colour.
- Cut each toast into 4 equal triangles and serve immediately.