Onion Uthappam Recipe
Recipe type: Breakfast
Learn how to make Onion Uthappam recipe at home. Onion Uthappam is a traditional and tasty south Indian breakfast recipe. This healthy homemade breakfast recipe will consume very less time to prepare. Quick and easy steps to prepare onion uthappam is given below. If you find this Onion Uthappam recipe is useful then please share with your friends. Here we have given list of ingredients and procedure on how to make Onion Uthappam recipe, so that any one can make this Onion Uthappam very easily without any experiance on making this recipe.
- Rice (biyyam) - 1 cup
- Black gram lentil (urad dal) - ½ cup
- Onions (chopped) - 1 cup
- Green chilies (chopped)- 3
- Ginger (chopped) - 1 small piece
- Coriander leaves (chopped) - hand full
- Salt to taste
- Red chilly powder (lal mirch) - pinch
- Oil - 4 spoons
- Clean and soak the rice and black gram separately for about 8 hours.
- Grind the soaked ingredients separately in a mixie or grinder.
- Take a large vessel combine the griended paste with salt.
- Cover this with cloth and leave it for 12 hours.
- Now mix the red chili powder in the batter.
- Take a small bowl and mix chopped onions, chillies, ginger and coriander leaves in it.
- Heat a pan and spread 1 tbsp batter on it and spread the chopped vegetables mixture on it.
- Add a spoon of oil and cook at low flame and grease it on the corners.
- Delicious onion utappam is ready serve it hot.