Recipe type: Breakfast
Famous south Indian dish,Nice breakfast in weekends,very easy to make at home.its a very healthy dish for kids.Add more vegetables as ur wish to make it more nutritous
- 1 cup Rava (semolina)
- ½ cup split green gram/moong dal
- 1 tsp whole black peppers
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1″ ginger, peeled and sliced thinly
- cashews – about ¼ cup
- salt to taste
- curry leaves to garnish
- Wash the green gram well.
- Cook the lentil until fully cooked – mushy is fine. You can either cook this on a stove top or in a pressure cooker.
- In a pan, take about ½ tsp Ghee and roast the semolina until aromatic and lightly reddish.Set aside.
- In the same pan, bring 2-1/2 cups water to boil. Add salt and then gradually add the semolina making sure to keep stirring to avoid forming lumps.
- When the water has almost been absorbed, add the lentils and mix well.
- If you think that it is too thick, add boiling water to it. Dont add cold water. Meanwhile temper the rest of the ingredients in a ghee.
- Add it to the semolina-lentil mixture and stir. You can at this point add some more ghee. Serve hot garnished with curry leaves.