Recipe type: Breakfast
Learn how to make Semiya Upma recipe using our easy to make homemade Semiya Upma recipes. Try this homemade Semiya Upma cooking recipe at your home.
- Vermicelli/Semiya - 2 Cups
- Onion - 1 large
- Tomato - 1
- Green Chilies - 6
- Ginger/Garlic Paste - ½ tsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves - few
- Salt - to taste
- Boil water in a large pan.
- Add ½ tsp salt to it and a table spoon of oil.
- Add Vermicelli to the boiling water. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Drain the water. Heat oil in a pan.
- Season with cumin seeds, add curry leaves,
- green chilies and onions and sauté for a while.
- Add ginger/garlic paste and sauté till the raw smell disappears.
- Add diced tomatoes and salt.
- Add the cooked vermicelli and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Finely diced vegetables can be added for a variation. Also squeeze the juice of a lime at the end if you prefer it.