Suva Chawal Roti
Recipe type: Breakfast
Suva chawal roti is a great source of vitamin a - combining with rice flour results into a mildly spiced, simple, oil-free variation of appas (rice bread). You needn’t worry about calories with this fat-free roti, best served with spicy vegetables. Remember to knead the dough when it is hot to avoid hardening.
- 1½ cups rice flour (chawal ka atta)
- ½ cup chopped dill leaves
- 2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- salt to taste
- rice flour (chawal ka atta) for rolling
- Put 1 cup of water to boil in a thick-bottom pan and add the salt and green chillies.
- Add the rice flour and dill leaves and mix thoroughly till no lumps remain, while stirring continuously.
- Cover it with a lid and keep aside for about 5 minutes.
- Knead into soft dough with a little water if required.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion into a 125 mm. (5") diameter circle, using little rice flour for rolling.
- Place the roti on a non-stick tava (griddle) and turn over in a few seconds.
- Cook on the other side for a few seconds.
- Lift the roti with a pair of flat tongs and roast over an open flame till brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining portions to make 3 more rotis. Serve hot.