Recipe type: Breakfast
A traditional delicacy from saurastra made more nutritious with the addition of vegetables.
- 2 cups rice flour (chawal ka atta)
- 4 cups water
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- a pinch baking soda
- 2 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
- salt to taste
- ¼ cup grated carrot
- ½ cup chopped spring onions
- ¼ cup boiled sweet corn kernels (makai ka dana)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp sugar
- To Garnish
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds (jeera) powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- To Serve
- Boil water in a deep pan, add half oil, cumin seeds, ginger-chilli paste, salt, lemon juice and sugar, mix well and boil for 2 minutes.
- Add the baking soda and add the rice flour gradually and stir well continuously so that it forms a smooth non-lumpy texture. Add balance of the oil and all the vegetables, mix well and keep it for 5 minutes on slow flame while stirring well.
- The mixture will leave the sides of the pan and become one smooth flowy lump.
- Cover and serve it pipping hot garnished with oil and cumin seeds powder.