Vella Dosa – Sweet Jaggery Pancake
Recipe type: Breakfast
Vella is Jaggery in Tamil, hence the name Vella Dosa. Sweet Jaggery Dosa has a very special place in our home, it is always made on the spur of the moment. We love the fact that it does not need as much planning as other dosas do. Quick, fast, easy and so so good…
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
- Rice Flour – ¼ cup
- Powdered Jaggery – 1 cup or to taste
- Water – 1.75 cups
- Elaichi Powder/Cardamom Powder – ¼ tsp
- Oil – for pan frying
- Dissolve the Jaggery in 1 cup of water.
- Once it’s all dissolved, allow it to cool down to room temperature.
- In a mixing bowl, add the following: Wheat Flour, Cardamom Powder, Rice Flour and mix well.
- Sieve the Jaggery Water into the Bowl and mix well dissolving all the lumps.
- Use a hand blender if needed.
- Add balance of the Water if needed and mix.
- Heat the Dosa Tawa well.
- Add a spoonful of batter on the Tawa and spread it in circular motion outwards.
- Drizzle some Oil on the dosa and allow it to cook on the bottom-side.
- Once done, loosen the edges and flip it.
- Allow it to cook on this side as well.
- Take off the tawa and serve hot!