Zucchini and Flax Seed Muffins
Recipe type: Breakfast
This is a unique muffin with a fabulous, exotic flavour! A batter of plain dough is enhanced with grated zucchini, flax seeds powder and brown sugar, all of which give the muffins a very interesting mouth-feel and rare flavour A dash of cinnamon, some mashed bananas and vanilla add to the flavour of the Zucchini and Flax Seed Muffins, making it a yummy treat that appeals to all. If you are not having these muffins immediately, warm them up for a few seconds in a microwave oven before serving.
- 1½ cups grated zucchini (unpeeled)
- ½ cup flax seeds powder (alsi)
- 1¾ cups plain flour (maida)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon (dalchini) powder
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 5 tbsp mashed banana
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Combine the plain flour, flax seeds powder, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon powder in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Add the milk, egg, bananas, vanilla essence, zucchini and mix well using a spatula. Keep aside.
- Grease the muffin tray and pour equal quantities into 12 cavities of the muffin tray.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180ºc (360ºf) for 25 minutes.
- Serve warm.