maladu or maa ladoo
Recipe type: Festival Special
maladu or maa ladoo – quick south indian ladoo made from roasted gram or roasted chana dal.
- 1 cup roasted gram or roasted chana dal
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 green cardamoms
- a pinch of nutmeg
- 10-12 cashews, chopped
- 1 tbsp golden raisins
- ¼ cup ghee – remove 1 tbsp from this ghee to fry the dry fruits
- first powder the chana dal in a dry grinder or coffee grinder to a fine powder consistency.
- seive the ground chana dal.
- powder the sugar with cardamom seeds
- sieve the powdered sugar also in the same pan.
- add the grated nutmeg too.
- mix the sifted chana dal flour and powdered sugar.
- fry cashews in 1 tbsp ghee.
- remove and add them to the chana dal flour
- now in the same ghee fry the raisins till plump
- add the raisins along with ghee
- in the same pan heat up the remaining ghee and add it to the ladoo mixture.
- keep the ladoo mixture pan on low flame and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- let the mixture cool and then form ladoos.
- serve maladu or keep them stored in an air tight container.