Aloo Tikkis ( Cooking with Kids)
Recipe type: kids
Aloo tikki is a versatile and popular potato preparation, that can be had as it is, or as part of a gravy or a chaat preparation. Here is a relatively simple version that you can prepare with readymade spice powders. If required, ask an elder to help you mash the potatoes. Cut the tikkis into different shapes using cookie cutters, to make them look more interesting.
- Potato - 3
- Brown Bread - 5
- Cumin powder
- Green chili. chopped
- Coriander leaves
- Chat Masala - 1 -2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil - as required for swallow frying.
- Wash and make marks on the potatoes, microwave for 7 - 8 mins. Soak in water and peel the skin. Mash well using a fork.
- Then trim the sides of the bread, soak in water and squeeze away immediately.
- In a bowl, take the mashed potatoes, bread, finely chopped chilies, cumin powder, coriander leaves, salt and mix well. Pinch into small balls, flatten them into small discs.
- Heat a swallow pan with 1 tsp oil. When you are done making all the tikkis, transfer to a plate, spread little chat masala on both sides and swallow fry these on hot pan.
- Serve hot with Tomato Ketchup.