Banana split bake
Recipe type: kids
Impress family and friends with this scrumptious, 'tray chic' fruity dessert.
- 6 large bananas, peeled, halved lengthways
- 30g butter, chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1.25 litres vanilla ice-cream
- ¼ cup roasted salted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Chocolate sauce:
- 120g dark chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup thickened cream
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Place bananas, cut side-up, in a 3cm-deep, 19cm x 30cm (base) baking tray. Place butter and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until melted and smooth. Pour over bananas. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make sauce Place chocolate and cream in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring with a metal spoon, for 3 to 4 minutes or until melted and smooth.
- Top banana mixture with scoops of ice-cream. Drizzle with chocolate sauce. Sprinkle with peanuts. Serve.