Easy sweet chilli stir-fry
Recipe type: kids
This easy stir-fry is a great weeknight option and can be made by the kids.
- 1 cup (200g) brown rice
- 2 teaspoons sunflower oil
- 2 (about 500g) chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled, thinly sliced
- 100g snow peas, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup (80ml) honey
- 2 teaspoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- Cook the rice in a large saucepan of boiling water for 25 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan over high heat. Add one-quarter of the chicken and stir-fry for 2-3 minute or until cooked through. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat in 3 more batches with remaining chicken.
- Add the carrot and snow peas to the wok and stir-fry for 1 minute. Return the chicken to the pan with the honey and soy sauce and stir-fry for 1 minute or until sauce boils and thickens slightly.
- Spoon the stir-fry among serving bowls. Serve with rice.