Cheese and Herb Potato Fries
Recipe type: kids
Cheese and herb potato fries, let your child indulge occasionally in this cheesy version of french fries topped with flavoursome mixed herbs. Though it makes a great snack, avoid packing it as a main meal.
- 4 large potatoes , cut into
- french fries (with the skin)
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil or
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp grated garlic (lehsun) , optional
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper powder
- salt to taste
- 4 tbsp grated processed cheese
- ¼ tsp butter for greasing
- Combine the butter, olive oil, cornflour, garlic, oregano, rosemary, pepper and salt in a bowl.
- Add the potatoes, toss well till they are coated from all the sides and keep aside to marinate for at least 10 to 12 minutes.
- Place the potatoes in a greased baking tray in a single layer and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 20 to 25 minutes or till the potatoes are cooked and crisp, turning once in between.
- Sprinkle the processed cheese evenly on top, toss well using a spoon and bake for another 3 to 4 minutes.