eggless pineapple cream cake recipe
Recipe type: kids
pineapple cream cake pastry – an eggless recipe of pineapple cream cake.
- for the basic vanilla cake:
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour/maida
- 1 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup melted butter or oil
- ¾ cup organic unrefined cane sugar or regular sugar – add as required * check notes
- 3 tbsp yogurt/curd (dairy or vegan) + 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or pineapple essence
- for the cream frosting and filling:
- 200 ml whipping cream – use cream which has at least 30% fat
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract or pineapple essence
- 4-5 tbsp icing sugar or as required
- 2 to 3 pineapple slices, finely chopped
- 3 to 4 pineapple slices for decoration
- a few glazed cherries for decoration or chocolate chips (optional)
- 2 to 3 tsp pineapple juice for brushing on the cake (optional)
- preparing the eggless vanilla cake:
- first sift the all purposed flour/maida with the baking powder and a pinch of salt in a mixing bowl or pan.
- just keep everything ready as you have to be quick enough to mix the batter.
- preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- grease a 6 or 7 inches pan with butter or oil. you can also line the pan with butter paper and then grease the butter paper with oil or butter.
- now take some butter and melt it in a small pan or microwave.
- you need to get about ½ cup of melted butter. just melt the butter. no need to heat it.
- when the butter is still warm or a bit hot, add the sugar to the melted butter.
- stir and mix well. keep aside.
- now in a measuring cup or in a small bowl, whisk the 3 tbsp yogurt + 1 tbsp water till smooth.
- add 1 tbsp vinegar. then add the baking soda and stir.
- pour the butter+sugar mixture, ½ cup water and the frothing yogurt+vinegar+baking soda into the sieved flour.
- add vanilla extract or pineapple essence.
- be quick enough to fold and make a lump free batter. don’t over do the folding.
- pour the batter in the greased baking pan.
- shake and tap the sides of the pan so that air bubbles are released.
- place the pan in the preheated oven in the center rack.
- keep the heating in both the bottom and top elements of the oven on.
- bake at 180 degrees C for 30-35 minutes or more till a tooth pick inserted in the cake comes out clean.
- if the vanilla cake browns too quickly on the top, then cover the top with an aluminium foil or butter paper.
- once done let the vanilla cake stand at room temperature for 7-8 minutes.
- then with the help of oven mitts, gently remove the vanilla cake on a wired tray or rack.
- once the vanilla cake cools, you can serve the eggless vanilla cake as it is or use the vanilla cake to make pastries or gateau.
- let the cake cool completely before you prepare the icing.
- for the pineapple cream frosting & assembling.
- finely chop 2 to 3 pineapple slices and keep aside.
- slice the cake with a serrated knife from the center carefully into two equal halves.
- brush the base slice of the cake with some pineapple juice.
- in a stand mixer fitted with the wired whip blade, whip the cream and icing sugar along with vanilla extract or pineapple essence, at high speed till you get stiff peaks in the cream.
- taste the cream and add more icing sugar if required.
- you can also use a hand held electric beater to whip the cream.
- the cream should have stiff peaks – meaning on turning the bowl the cream should not fall down.
- mix the finely chopped pineapple with ¼ or ⅓ of the cream
- spread the pineapple cream frosting on the base slice evenly..
- keep the other cake half over.
- now spread the remaining whipped cream all over the cake on the top as well as the sides, with a palette knife or spatula evenly.
- decorate the cake with a few more pineapple slices.
- keep the cake in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours so that the cream icing sets.
- remove the cake and decorate the cake with the fresh strawberry slices.
- serve the eggless pineapple cream cake immediately.
- or you can keep it covered in the fridge and then serve later.
- its advisable to finish this pineapple cream cake in a day or two.