Open chicken pies
Recipe type: kids
Full of veges and flavour, these easy chicken pies make a quick and kid-friendly dinner!
- 2 (about 500g) chicken breast fillets
- 2 cups (320g) frozen vegetables
- ½ x 30g packet spring vegetable soup mix
- 1 tablespoon whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon coarsely grated cheddar
- 1½ sheets (25cm) reduced-fat puff pastry
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200ºC. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 5-7 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside to cool slightly. Coarsely chop the chicken and place in a medium bowl.
- Add the vegetables, soup mix, mayonnaise and cheddar to the chicken and stir until well combined.
- Cut the pastry sheets into 12cm squares. Line six 8cm (base measurement) fluted tart tins with removable bases with the pastry, allowing the sides to overhang. Spoon the chicken mixture into the lined tins. Place on an oven tray. Bake for 30 minutes or until the pastry is puffed and golden. Serve with salad leaves.