Oriental Bhel ( Cooking Under 10 Minutes )
Recipe type: kids
Several versions of oriental bhel are seen around the country these days—especially at food fests and college gatherings. Some like to make it with fried noodles, but here i have presented a wholesome version made of fried samosa patty strips, with loads of stir-fried veggies and bean sprouts.
- For The Stir-fry
- 1 onion , sliced
- 1 clove garlic (lehsun)
- 1 stalk celery (ajmoda) , chopped
- 1 capsicum (yellow, green or red) , cut into strips
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup lettuce leaves , torn
- 1 tsp butter
- salt and to taste
- For The Sauce
- ½ cup tomato ketchup
- 1½ tsp soy sauce
- 1 celery (ajmoda) stalk , chopped
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 6 strips samosa pattis (cut into 12 mm. (1/2") thick strips)
- oil for deep-frying
- For the sauce
- Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Keep aside.
- For the stir-fry:
- Heat the butter and add the onion, garlic and celery and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the capsicum, bean sprouts, lettuce, salt and pepper and saute for another minute.
- Keep aside.
- How to proceed:
- Deep fry the strips of samosa patti in hot oil and drain on absorbent paper.
- Place them on a serving plate and top with the stir-fry.
- Pour the warm sauce over the stir-fry.
- Serve immediately.
When the sauce is simmering, start working on the stir-fry.