Pork lettuce cups
Recipe type: kids
This kid-friendly recipe is easy to create and a healthy dinner choice.
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 500g extra lean pork mince
- 8 button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled, coarsely grated
- 1 zucchini, ends trimmed, coarsely grated
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 8 iceberg lettuce leaves
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the onion softens. Add the pork and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up any lumps, for 5 minutes or until the mince changes colour and is cooked through.
- Add the mushroom, carrot and zucchini, and cook for 2 minutes or until the carrot is tender. Add the hoisin sauce and cook for 2 minutes or until the mixture is heated through.
- Spoon the pork mixture evenly among lettuce cups.