Camembert chicken rolls with sweet potato mash and capsicum
Recipe type: Curries
This complete low-fat family meal incorporates nutritious vegetables and tender stuffed chicken to delight even the fussiest of eaters.
- 4 chicken breast schnitzels (about 600g)
- 80g King Island camembert, cut into 4 slices
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 green capsicum, trimmed, seeded, cut into strips
- 1 red capsicum, trimmed, seeded, cut into strips
- ¾ cup (180ml) vegetable stock
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1kg (4 small) golden sweet potato, peeled, chopped
- Lay chicken schnitzel fillets on a board and top each fillet with a slice of camembert cheese. Roll up to enclose cheese and secure each fillet with a toothpick. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick frypan over a moderately high heat. Sear chicken rolls for 5 mins turning to brown evenly. Preheat an oven to 200°C. Transfer chicken rolls to a baking dish and cover with foil. Bake for 25 mins or until cooked when tested.
- Meanwhile place capsicum, vegetable stock and 3 sprigs of thyme in a medium saucepan and cook over a moderate heat for 20 mins or until capsicum is soft.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, cook sweet potato for 15 mins or until tender. Drain and mash with ¼ cup of stock from the capsicum. Slice chicken rolls and serve with mash and drizzle with the capsicum. Sprinkle with remaining thyme leaves.