Chicken Curry in a Hurry
Recipe type: Curries
We’re not lying when we say “Chicken Curry in a Hurry”! In less than 30 minutes, you’ll be on your way to enjoying this scrumptious chicken curry in a flavorful and creamy sauce. This quick and easy chicken curry recipe is perfect for students, bachelors or anyone looking for a fast, yet satisfying meal. It also makes a great pot luck dish with very little effort.
- Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Onion – ½ med, chopped
- Chicken – 1 lb (500 g) boneless, skinless thighs cut to bite size pieces
- Ginger – 1 Tbsp, minced
- Garlic – 1 Tbsp, minced
- Salt – to taste
- Curry Powder – 3 Tbsp (divided)
- Lemon/Lime Juice – 1 Tbsp or to taste
- Cream Cheese – 8 oz, at room temperature
- Broth/Stock – 2 cups (less for a thicker gravy)
- Tomatoes – ¼ cup (grape or cherry tomatoes work best)
- Cilantro – few sprigs, chopped for garnishing
- Heat Oil in a pan and add Onions. Cook for 1-2 mins until lightly brown and translucent.
- In a mixing bowl, add Chicken pieces, Ginger, Garlic, Salt, 2 Tbsp Curry Powder. Mix well.
- Add Lemon/Lime Juice and mix well.
- Add Chicken to the pan with onions and mix well.
- Cover and cook until chicken is done…stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, mix softened Cream Cheese and Broth/Stock with a hand blender and keep aside.
- When chicken is cooked, add the Cream Cheese sauce, Tomatoes and 1 Tbsp Curry Powder. Mix well and bring to a simmer.
- Garnish with Cilantro and serve with Rice, Roti, or Bread.