Crispy prawns with aioli
Recipe type: Curries
These crispy prawns are another delicious tapas option to add to your festive menu.
- 750g Coles Australian Banana Prawns, peeled, deveined, tails on
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes, plus extra to serve
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- Vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- ½ cup Coles Simply Less Whole Egg Aioli, to serve
- Pat prawns dry with paper towel. Place rice flour, chilli flakes and lemon zest in a bowl. Add prawns and toss to coat.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan or deep-fryer over medium-high heat until a cube of bread sizzles on contact. Cook prawns, in batches, for 3-4 mins, until golden and crisp. Drain on paper towel.
- Place aioli in a small bowl and top with extra chilli flakes.
- Season prawns with salt and serve with aioli.