Curd Fish Recipe
Recipe type: Curries
Curd Fish (Doi Machh) is a delightful, traditional Bengali dish. Try out this easy to make recipe.
- Rohu fish (4 pcs)
- Half cup Curd
- Garam Masala (2 small Cardamom, half an inch Cinnamon, 4-5 Cloves)
- Tumeric Powder
- Red Chilli Powder
- Cumin seed powder
- Dried whole Red Chilli (2 pcs)
- Bay Leaves
- Ginger paste (1 Teaspoon)
- Mustard Oil
- Half spoon Sugar
- Salt to Taste
- Wash and clean the fish properly
- Marinate it with Salt and Tumeric.
- Heat 3 tbs of mustard oil on a frying pan till its smell goes away
- Fry the fish pieces on low heat
- Take the fish pieces out after they have been fried well and keep them aside
- Add a tbs of oil into the pan while keeping the heat low. Give the oil some time to heat.
- Meanwhile, take the curd in a bowl and add one teaspoon of cumin powder, half teaspoon of tumeric and red chilli powder, half tablespoon of sugar and salt (to taste). Mix it well.
- Meanwhile, prepare the garam masala by grounding 2 small Cardamom, half an inch Cinnamon and 4-5 Cloves.
- After the oil has heated up well, add 2 dried red chilies and 1 teaspoon of ginger paste. Add the prepared Garam Masala and the curd mixture while keeping the flame low.
- Add 2 whole bay leaves and stir the entire mixture well for sometime, after which add the marinated and fried fish pieces. Cover the pan for three minutes.
- Remove the cover and turn over the fish pieces. Again, cover up the pan and let it cook for three more minutes.
- Your delicious Doi Mach is ready to serve.