Recipe type: non-veg
Sambar is a common traditional South Indian dish that’s frequently prepared with vegetables like drumstick, carrot, potato,bottl guard ladies finger, mango, beans, bringal etc.Mutton Sambar is quiet unique and delicious in taste but its not prepared so frequently as compared with the vegetable sambar.
- Ginger 1 inch Piece
- Whole Garam Masala (each) 2 Numbers
- Coriander Seeds 1 Teaspoons
- Pepper Corns ½ Teaspoons
- Fennel Seeds 1 Teaspoons
- Cumin Seeds 1 Teaspoons
- Chana Daal 1 Tablespoons
- Whole Red Chilly 6 Numbers
- Mutton (with Bones) 500 Grams
- Garlic 4 Numbers
- Onions 1 Numbers
- Coconut Pieces
- Tomtatoes 2 Numbers
- Heat oil in a pan add whole red chilly, chana daal, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, pepper corns, coriander seeds, whole garam masala, roast this in the oil and add pieces of ginger &garlic and onions,
- add pieces of coconut, cook this till onions are cooked add tomatoes cook this some time, let it cool down and make a paste.
- Take another bowl add water and mutton, let it cook this till mutton is tender, then add the made paste put the lid on and let it cook this for 30 minutes in a medium flame.
- After 30 minutes mix it, add chopped coriander and switch off the flame.