Recipe type: Curries
- ½ kg. Prawns ( Shelled & de veined)
- 3 – 4 green chillies
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 tsp. ginger garlic paste
- ¼ tsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 onion
- Small ball of tamarind
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 2 tbsp. chopped coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Grind onion and ginger garlic paste along with tamarind and all the dry powders into a fine paste.
- Heat oil and fry the ground masala well till you get a good aroma.
- Add prawns and continue frying. Add little water if required.
- When prawns are half cooked add coconut milk and slit green chillies.
- Add salt as per taste.
- Cook covered on slow fire for few minutes till prawns are cooked.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with steamed white rice or idlis.