Royyalu Mamidikaya Curry
Recipe type: Curries
Royyalu,mamidikaya is a great combination and famous Andra recipe which is very easy to cook at home.Enjoy with this yummy recipe on your weekend.
- 400 gm prawns shelled
- 4 tsp coconut oil
- ½ coconut grated and milk extracted
- 3 large onions , finely chopped
- 1 raw mango , peeled and sliced
- salt to taste
- The following ingredients are to be ground to a paste:
- 3 red chillies
- 2 green chillies
- 1 tbsp coriander (dhania) seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- ½ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 4 cloves of garlic (lehsun)
- 1 cm piece of ginger (adrak)
- Wash the prawns, apply salt and keep aside.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil and fry the onions. add ground masala and fry until brown.
- Add sliced mango pieces and 1 cup of water. cook for five minutes and add the prawns.
- Now, add the coconut milk extracted from the coconut gratings.
- Cook till the prawns are tender.
- Serve hot with rice.