cream of celery soup recipe
Recipe type: soups
vegetarian cream of celery soup – a one pot soup recipe with celery and potatoes.
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped potatoes
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp dairy cream, about 20% to 25% fat
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 pinch of grated nutmeg or nutmeg powder (jaiphal)
- 3 cups water or vegetable stock
- salt and black pepper as required
- a few parsley leaves & some bread croutons (optional) for garnish
- in a pan melt butter. add the celery and garlic.
- saute both the celery and garlic for 2 to 3 mins on a low flame.
- add potatoes and stir. add water or veg stock, salt and pepper. cover and cook till potatoes are cooked.the potatoes need to be completely cooked.
- once the potatoes are cooked, let the mixture cool down a bit.
- when the soup mixture is slightly hot or warm, using an immersion blender, blend the soup till smooth. you can also blend the soup in a regular jar blender.
- put the pan back on fire and gently heat through the soup.
- you can adjust the consistency of the soup here. add a bit of water or veg stock, if you want a slightly thin soup or if the soup appears thick.
- when the soup has heated through, add cream and sprinkle the grated nutmeg or nutmeg powder. switch off the stove and stir well.
- check the seasoning and add more salt or black pepper if required.
- serve cream of celery soup garnished with parsley and bread croutons.