avocado salad with yogurt dressing
Recipe type: salads
avocado salad with yogurt dressing – avocado salad with lightly spiced yogurt dressing with indian flavors.
- for the salad:
- 1 large avocado
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 small to medium onion
- 1 green chili (optional)
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 tsp chopped parsley or coriander leaves
- for the dressing:
- 4 to 5 tbsp full fat yogurt
- ½ to ⅔ tbsp olive oil (optional)
- ¼ to ½ tsp lemon juice or as required
- ¼ tsp black pepper powder or as required
- a pinch of red chili powder or cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp roasted cumin powder
- salt as required
- whisk the yogurt till smooth.
- add the olive oil, rest of the ground spices, salt and olive oil.
- whisk very well to create a smooth light sauce dressing.
- olive oil is optional here. keep the dressing aside.
- peel and chop the tomato and cucumber.
- finely chop the onion. chop the green chili too. skip the green chili if you prefer.
- slice the avocado and then remove the large seed. with a spoon, scoop the flesh.
- chop the avocado. keep a few slices for garnish.
- take the chopped avocado, tomatoes, cucumber, onions and green chilies in a mixing bowl.
- pour the dressing and gently toss the salad.
- garnish with chopped coriander or parsley leaves and a few avocado slices.
- serve the avocado salad with yogurt dressing.