Indian-spiced chicken soup
Recipe type: soups
Use korma curry paste to add bold flavour to this chunky soup.
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 120g (1/2 cup) korma curry paste
- 1 quantity chicken broth, chicken meat reserved (see related recipe)
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 400g sweet potato, peeled, cut into 1cm pieces
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Greek yoghurt, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and stir for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the curry paste and stir for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Add the chicken broth and tomato. Increase heat to high and bring to the boil. Add the sweet potato and reduce heat to medium. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until the sweet potato is just tender.
- Add the chickpeas, coriander and reserved chicken meat. Stir for 2 minutes or until heated through. Serve with the yoghurt.