Rajma Soup ( Healthy Soups and Salads Recipe)
Recipe type: soups
This savoury soup meets your iron and protein requirement through the tasty rajma in a perfect way. On other hand, the vitamin c from the tomatoes and lemon juice helps in the absorption of iron during digestion.
- ½ cup soaked rajma (kidney beans)
- 1½ tsp oil
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- 3 garlic (lehsun) cloves , roughly chopped
- 1½ cups finely chopped tomatoes
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- For The Garnish
- 1 tbsp chopped yellow capsicum
- 1 tbsp chopped green capsicum
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onions
- 1 tbsp finely chopped tomatoes
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the rajma, chilli powder, salt and 2 cups of water and pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Allow it to cool completely.
- Once cooled, blend in a mixer to a smooth mixture.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep kadhai, add the lemon juice and ½ cup water and boil for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with yellow capsicum, green capsicum, spring onions greens and tomatoes.