Roasted sweet potato soup
Recipe type: Soups
Boil in-season sweet potato to create this sensational winter warming soup.
- 850g orange sweet potato, peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 medium brown onion, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup pure cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
- Step 1:
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Place potato, onion and garlic in a large roasting pan. Drizzle with oil and maple syrup. Toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Step 2:
- Place potato mixture in a large saucepan. Add stock. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Step 3:
- Blend soup, in batches, until smooth. Return to pan over low heat. Stir in ¾ cup cream. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until heated through. Ladle into bowls. Drizzle with remaining cream. Sprinkle with oregano.