Spinach and coconut soup
Recipe type: soups
A warming and delicious cool weather soup, this spicy vegetable soup will leave you feeling souper!
- 2 bunches English spinach, stems trimmed
- 25g butter
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups Gravox Real Vegetable Stock
- ½ (700g) cauliflower, cut into florets
- 270ml can Ayam coconut milk
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- warmed naan bread, to serve
- Rinse spinach leaves, shaking off excess water. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add stock and cauliflower. Cover and bring to the boil. Cook for 8 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. Add spinach and cook for 2 minutes or until just wilted.
- Using a food processor or blender, process soup in batches, until smooth. Return soup to saucepan. Place over medium heat.
- Add 1 cup coconut milk, nutmeg and cayenne pepper. Bring to gentle simmer. Ladle into cups. Drizzle with remaining coconut milk. Season with pepper. Serve with naan bread.