spring onion soup recipe
Recipe type: soups
simple and easy spring onions soup – vegan recipe.
- 1 bunch spring onions, rinsed and chopped, approx 4 or 4.5 cups chopped spring onions with both whites and greens (reserve a few greens for garnish)
- 1 medium or large potato, peeled and chopped in smaller pieces
- 1 or 2 garlic, chopped
- ½ or 1 tsp soy sauce
- ¼ tsp dry oregano
- 3 cups water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and black pepper as required
- few parsley leaves for garnish (optional)
- heat olive oil in a pot. fry the garlic for 10-12 seconds.
- add the spring onions and saute for 4-5 minutes on a low flame.
- now add the chopped potatoes. season with salt and pepper. stir well.
- pour water and stir again. cover the pot and simmer till the potatoes are cooked completely on a low to medium flame.
- let the soup cool down a bit. with a hand blender, blend the soup till smooth. the soup will appear thick now.
- add soy sauce, oregano and keep the soup to simmer for 4-5 minutes,
- if the soup appears too thick, then you can add about ¼ or ½ cup water or veg stock, while simmering the soup.
- serve spring onion soup hot, plain or with some bread garnished with some spring onion greens or parsley.
the soup serves 3 servings, but you can easily double the recipe.