Sweet Potato Soup
Recipe type: Appetiser
Sweet potato is peeled and cooked in vegetable stock along with onion. Once the sweet potato is cooked, it is then ground in to puree with milk or heavy cream. Serve sweet potato soup immediately.
- Sweet Potato 2 Medium
- Onion 1
- Nutmeg powder a Small Pinch
- Black Pepper Powder a big Pinch
- Milk or heavy Cream ½ Cup
- Corn Flour 1 Tbsp
- Vegetable Stock 1½ Cups
- Lemon Juice 1 tsp
- Butter 1 Tbsp
- Salt to Taste
- Peel, remove ends, wash and roughly chop sweet potato.
- Peel and roughly chop the onion.
- Heat butter in a pan, add corn flour and fry till the mixture turns golden brown in color.
- Add the chopped onion and sweet potato.
- Fry briefly, add vegetable stock and salt.
- Cook the mixture till sweet potato turns soft and vegetable stock reduces quite a bit meanwhile.
- Remove from heat, puree the sweet potato mixture with milk or heavy cream, black pepper powder, nutmeg powder and lemon juice.
- Remove the pureed sweet potato soup onto a bowl.
- Serve sweet potato soup immediately.
Make sure sweet potato is cooked well before removing from heat. Suggestions: Adjust black pepper according to taste.