Recipe type: Snacks
Tender peas cooked in the subtle Gujarati style flavouring of ajwain.
- 500 gms fresh tender green peas (unshelled)
- 1 tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
- 1 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
- ¼ tsp soda bi-carb
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- Mix all ajwain, chilli-ginger paste, soda bi-carb, oil and salt very well
- Apply this masala on the unshelled peas.
- Place the peas in aluminum foil and make a parcel, leaving enough room for expansion of steam generated in cooking.
- Cook on a hot charcoal sigri, turning the foil a couple of times while cooking.
- Serve hot.
If the peas are not tender and fresh, parboil them and then process as indicated above.