Basil Grilled Tomatoes and Onions
Recipe type: Snacks
A touch of the Mediterranean on your barbeque. Basil and garlic complement tomatoes beautifully to create this simple but stunning dish. Select firm and ripe tomatoes for best results.
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 onion
- To be mixed into a marinade
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 large clove grated garlic (lehsun)
- salt and black pepper (kalimirch) powder to taste
- Pierce the tomatoes in 1 to 2 places using a fork and then place them in the marinade along with the onions wedges. Allow to marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Thread the onion and tomatoes alternately on skewers draining out and keeping aside the excess marinade that remains.
- Grill the skewers over a barbeque for 5 to 7 minutes till the tomatoes and
- Serve hot with garlic bread.
You can also use this marinade as an interesting salad dressing.