Recipe type: Snacks
A snack lightly flavoured with garlic and cheese.
- 1 big sized sliced bread loaf
- 175 gms french beans
- 175 gms carrots
- 3 cloves garlic (lehsun), crushed
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp butter (approx)
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 100 gms grated processed cheese
- salt to taste
- Cut the french beans and carrots into small pieces and boil them.
- Heat the oil thoroughly in a vessel, add the onions and fry for a little time.
- Add the garlic and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the vegetables, tomato ketchup, chilli powder, half of the grated cheese and salt. Cook for 1 minute. Cool the mixture.
- Remove the crust from the bread slices and divide slices into two parts.
- In one part of each slice, make two small holes with 12 mm. (1/2") nozzle and put the cut part on top of the uncut part. Arrange the slices on a well-greased baking tin.
- Melt the butter and apply with a brush over the top parts.
- Bake in hot oven at 400°F for 15 minutes or until crisp.
- Spread a little filling on each uncut part and put the cut parts back on top.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake in hot oven at 400°F for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.