Recipe type: Snacks
An Italian idea, adapted to Indian taste.
- 1 kg round small brinjal (baingan / eggplant)
- 100 gms french beans
- 100 gms carrots
- 100 gms green peas
- 2 big potatoes
- 1 tomato
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander (dhania)
- 5 mint leaves (phudina)
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp worcesterchire sauce
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 2 green chillies
- ¾ cup plain flour (maida)
- bread crumbs
- oil for frying
- salt to taste
- tomato ketchup to serve
- To be ground into a paste
- 1 onion
- 4 green chillies
- 25 mm. (1") piece of ginger (adrak)
- Cut the french beans, carrot and potatoes into small cubes. Boil them with the green peas.
- Chop the coriander, green chillies, mint leaves, onion and tomato.
- Make a vertical slit in the brinjals and divide into two.
- Put them to boil.
- When cooked, scoop out the centres, leaving the shells intact.
- Chop the scooped portion also.
- Heat the ghee in a vessel and fry the onions for a little time.
- Add the paste, and fry again for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomato, green chillies, coriander and mint leaves, the tomato ketchup and Worcestershire sauce. Cook for at least 4 minutes.
- Add the vegetables scooped portion and salt.
- Fill the brinjal cases with this mixture.
- Add a little water to the flour and prepare thick paste.
- Apply this paste over the stuffing,Sprinkle bread crumbs on top.
- Shallow fry in oil.
- Serve hot.