Broken Wheat Halwa - Erra Godhuma Nooka Halwa
Recipe type: Snacks
Delicious halwa can be made from broken wheat or Dalia. Try out this simple recipe.
- Broken Wheat 1 cup
- Sugar 1 cup
- Jaggery (nalla bellam / thati bellam) 1 cup
- Cashews 2 tbsps
- Ghee as required
- Heat tbsp of ghee in a sauce pot, add cashews and fry until golden brown.
- Remove onto a bowl and add broken wheat to the same pot.
- Roast the wheat on low flame for a minute or two.
- Pour 4 cups of water into the pan and cook covered until broken wheat is cooked.
- Once broken wheat is cooked, add sugar and jaggery.
- When sugar and jaggery starts to caramalize, add 2 tbsps of ghee.
- Once the broken wheat comes near and thickens a bit, stir in cashews and remove from heat.
- Serve hot or cold
Make sure broken wheat is thoroughly cooked before adding sugar and jaggery. Add more water to cook it if required.