Chatakedar Paneer ( Microwave Recipe)
Recipe type: Snacks
If there is one ingredient that is as indigenous as it is international, we would say that is our favourite paneer. Try tossing fresh, soft paneer with pav bhaji masala, and this chatakedar paneer will become a favourite beyond comparison!
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ tbsp green chilli paste
- ⅓ cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 2½ tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1½ tsp coriander (dhania) seeds powder
- 1 tsp pav bhaji masala
- ½ tsp dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
- salt to taste
- 400 gms paneer (cottage cheese) , cut into 25 mm. (1”) cubes
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Put the oil in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Add the green chilli paste, mix well and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato purée, chilli powder, coriander seeds powder, pav bhaji masala, dried fenugreek leaves and salt, mix well and microwave on high for 3 minutes, stirring in between after every 1 minute.
- Add the paneer cubes, mix well and keep aside to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Microwave the paneer mixture on high for 3 minutes, stirring twice in between.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve immediately.