Cheese and Broccoli Tikkis
Recipe type: Snacks
Given a choice, kids will say nyaaaaah to broccoli, but they are a must-have because of their nutritional benefits! So, tempt them with these yummy tikkis made with a combination of broccoli and cheese. Use olive oil to cook these tikkis as it is rich in vitamin E.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ¼ cup finely chopped onions
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic (adrak-lehsun) paste
- 1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- ½ tsp finely chopped broccoli
- salt to taste
- ½ cup boiled and grated potatoes
- 2 tbsp grated mozzrella cheese
- ¼ cup whole wheat bread crumbs for coating
- 2 tsp olive oil for cooking
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the onions, ginger-garlic paste and green chillies and sauté for 2 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Add the broccoli and salt and sauté on a slow flame for another 5 to 7 minutes or till the broccoli is almost cooked.
- Remove from the flame, add the potatoes and cheese and mix well. Keep aside to cool.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and shape each portion into flat tikkis. Alternatively make tikkis of desired shapes using different moulds as shown in the picture.
- Roll each tikki in the bread crumbs and keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick pan and cook each tikki using ½ tsp of oil till it turns golden brown on both the sides.
- Serve hot.