Cheese and Apple Sandwich ( Finger Foods for Kids )
Recipe type: kids
The winning combination of cheese and apple slices is what makes this sandwich a favourite. You could use whole wheat or multi-grain bread for a healthier option, and pipe smiley faces with strawberry jam.
- To Be Mixed Together For The Cinnamon Sugar
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon (dalchini) powder
- Other Ingredients
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 tsp soft butter
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 8 apple slices , peeled
- Apply ½ tsp of butter on each bread slice and keep aside.
- Place a bread slice on a clean, dry surface with the buttered side facing downwards and place a slice of cheese on it.
- Place 2 slices of apple on the cheese slice and sprinkle ¼th portion of cinnamon sugar on it.
- Top it with another bread slice with buttered side facing upwards.
- Heat a non–stick pan tava (griddle) and cook on a medium flame till both the sides are golden brown in colour.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more sandwiches.
- Cut each sandwich diagonally into 4 equal pieces and serve immediately.
For an added appeal, you can make a facing apple slices and jam as shown in the image besides.