Chekkalu rice cracker
Recipe type: Snacks
Chekkalu ( in telugu) or Thattai (in Tamil) or rice cracker is an amazing festive snack. channa dal and rice flour and tastes really good. Made with rice, butter, and spiced with green chillies, ginger and curry leaves adds up flavour to the snack. recipe by Tamrapalli All time favourite and ready - to - eat cracker
- Ginger ½ Teaspoons
- Green Chillies few
- Chana Dal(soaked) ¼ Cup
- Butter/Oil/Dalda 1 Tablespoons
- Salt To Taste
- Water few Drops
- Oil To Fry
- Curry Leaves few
- Rice Flour 1 Cup
- Take a bowl add rice flour & salt.Mix the dry mixture.
- In a blender put ginger,curry leaves & green chillies & grind it to a fine paste .Add this paste to the flour along with chana dal.Mix well.
- Add butter to the mixture and mix well as it will work as a binding agent.At this point add FEW drops of water.Knead the dough.
- Divide the dough in equal parts as desired.Make small balls out of it similar to a dumpling.Take a plastic sheet rest the dumpling on it ,cover it with the other side of the plasticsheet & press it with your palm. [Note:-The dough kneaded is appropriate only when it forms uneven edges when pressed on the sheet. ]
- Repeat the same procedure for all dumplings.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan.Ensure that oil has reached its correct temperature & then add chekkalu slowly.Allow it to cook on medium flame .
- They are ready to be served.