Eggless French Toast – Sweet & Savory
Recipe type: Snacks
Sometimes it is very hard to replicate the texture of eggs but here is our version of Eggless French Toast that just can’t be beat! Try the sweet version for the sweet tooth or the savory one when you are just in the mood for something a little “not so sweet” :) Enjoy!
- For the Batter:
- Besan/ Chickpea flour – ½ cup
- Rice Flour – 1 tbsp
- Baking Soda – ⅛ tsp
- Fine Sooji/ Semolina – 2 tbsp
- Yogurt – 2 tbsp
- Water – ½ cup
- For Sweet Version:
- Sugar -1 tbsp or to taste
- Vanilla Extract – ½ tsp
- For Savory Version:
- Salt – to taste
- Roasted Cumin Powder – ½ tsp
- Garam Masala – ¼ tsp
- Black Pepper Powder – to taste
- Green Chillies – to taste, finely chopped
- Cilantro – to taste, finely chopped
- Red Chili Powder – to taste
- Oil – for cooking
- Bread – 5 slices, cut
- Sift the Chickpea Flour with Baking Soda and the Rice Flour.
- Add Sooji, Yogurt and Water and mix.
- Mix in the ingredients for either the Sweet Version or the Savory Version.
- Heat a griddle or a skillet and drizzle a little Oil.
- Cut Bread Slices and dip in the batter (on both sides).
- Place on the hot griddle and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Drizzle a little Oil on the top-side and flip the toast.
- Allow the Toast to cook on the under-side for a few minutes.
- Once done, remove and serve hot off the stove.
- For Sweet Version – serve with powdered sugar or maple syrup.
- For Savory Version – serve with ketchup or chutney.