Recipe type: Snacks
Masala Papads are a great variation to plain Papads. They look great and can be served as snacks or appetizers. Just the thought of them makes our mouths water (the folks who have tried them will know what we mean!). Warning! – these can be very addictive, so make plenty!
- Papads – 2, any flavor
- Onions – ¼ medium, finely chopped
- Tomato – ½ medium, de-seeded and finely chopped
- Cilantro – 5 springs, finely chopped
- Green Chili – 1 or to taste – de-seeded and finely chopped, optional
- Lemon/Lime Juice – ½ tsp
- Chat Masala – ½ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Red Chili Powder – to taste, optional
- Roast the Papads on the flame or in the microwave (approx. 1 min. per Papad, cooked individually)
- Let them stand for a couple of minutes and cool down to get crisp.
- In a bowl mix – Onions, Tomatoes, Cilantro, Green Chili, Lemon/Lime Juice, Salt and Red Chili Powder. Sprinkle mixture on the Papads.
- Last sprinkle the Chat Masala and serve immediately.