Roasted Chutney Paneer
Recipe type: Appetiser
Roasted Chutney (Chutnee) Paneer is a delicious appetizer idea. The next time you are entertaining, try this simple recipe. Chutney Paneer can be made in the oven, or put some on skewers and grill it on your outdoor barbecue grill this summer.
- Paneer- homemade or from the Indian grocery store
- Green or Mint Chutney
- Spray Cooking Oil
- For Garnishing:
- Onion – 1 medium, sliced into rings
- Tomato – 1 medium, sliced
- Lime/Lemon Juice – to taste
- Chat Masala – to taste
- Cube Paneer into large pieces (approx: 1 inch )
- Place Paneer into a zip lock bag.
- Pour enough Green or Mint Chutney to coat all of the Paneer pieces well.
- Close bag and mix well. Marinate in the refrigerator for about 1 to 2 hours.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking oil.
- Arrange Paneer pieces on the foil and broil on high temperature for 5 minutes (cooking time will vary depending on oven so be sure to keep an eye on the Paneer).
- When the Paneer starts to slightly burn at the edges, flip the pieces over and apply some of the chutney marinade on top.
- Broil again until the Paneer starts to burn around the edges on this side — be sure to keep a close eye on it.
- Remove Paneer from oven and arrange it on a platter.
- Garnish with Onion and Tomato slices.
- Sprinkle Lime/Lemon Juice and Chat Masala (to taste) on top.
- If you are using your barbeque grill, use the same recipe but pierce Paneer pieces with wooden skewers which have been soaked in water.
- For a change, try marinating Onion pieces, Bell Pepper pieces and Tomato Pieces with the Chutney and grilling them also.