Sesame Coconut Laddu - Nuvvulu Kobbari Laddu
Recipe type: Snacks
White sesame seeds are toasted on low flame till golden in color. They are then ground into fine powder along with coconut and jaggery. The mixture is rolled into small lemon sized balls and serve sesame coconut laddu as required.
- Sesame Seeds 1½ Cups
- Grated Coconut 1 Cup
- Jaggery 1 Cup
- Ghee ¼ tsp
- Toast sesame seeds in heavy bottomed vessel on low flame.
- Once sesame seeds are light golden brown, remove from heat.
- Roughly mash the jaggery to make it easy for the grinder.
- Grind sesame seeds into fine powder using a grinder.
- Stir in grated coconut and jaggery and grind again into thick mixture.
- Grease hands with little ghee and roll a small handful of the sesame mixture into lemon sized laddu.
- Repeat the same with remaining sesame coconut mixture.
- Serve sesame coconut laddu as required.
Make sure not to burn the sesame seeds. Suggestions: If the mixture is not suitable to rolling into laddu, leave for couple of hours so that the moisture comes down. Else, add more ground sesame seeds powder to the mixture and roll into laddu.