Snake Gourd Rings
Recipe type: Snacks
A crispy snack prepared using snake gourd.
- 1 cup snake gourd (padwal) , cut into rings
- 2 tsp ginger (adrak) paste
- 2 tsp garlic (lehsun) paste
- besan (bengal gram flour)
- rice flour (chawal ka atta)
- turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp chaat masala , optional
- oil for deep frying.
- Combine the besan, rice flour, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, soda and salt in a deep bow and mix well.
- In another bowl, combine the ginger and garlic paste and add ½ cup water, mix it well.
- Add the dry mixture into the wet mixture and mix well to avoid lumps. Now by adding water into the batter, make a thick smooth paste just enough to coat the snake gourd rings.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and dip the rings in to batter and deep fry in oil until golden brown.
- You can also sprinkle chaat masala on top and serve with any dip.
- Serve hot.