Snake Gourd Salad
Recipe type: salads
Snake gourd salad is a novel salad recipe with chopped snake gourd or turai added to curd, salt and cumin seed powder. Add a tempering of mustard seeds and asafetida and you have a delicious and cooling salad recipe.
- 6 " piece of snake gourd (padwal)
- 2 cups curds (dahi)
- 2 green chillies
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp cumin seeds (jeera) powder
- coriander (dhania) and mint leaves (phudina) for garnishing
- Slit and discard the spongy portion and seeds from the gourd.
- Cut the gourd into very fine pieces.
- Chop green chillies finely.
- Mix salt and cumin powder to the curd and add the gourd and chilli pieces to it.
- Sprinkle coriander and mint leaves on top. serve chilled.