Atta ka Sheera ( Gujarati Recipe)
Recipe type: sweets
I consider this one of the easiest guajarati sweets-with just a few ingredients, which too can be found in all kitchen shelves. Just note a few simple points, and success is assured. While sautéing, keep a lookout for when the ghee separates and the atta becomes lighter, as this is the perfect indication that your atta is well cooked. If you have a very sweet tooth, you can add two more tablespoons of sugar. Also remember to serve this dish immediately to avoid lumps.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- ½ cup melted ghee
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder
- For The Garnish
- almond slivers
- Heat the ghee in a non-stick kadhai, add the whole wheat flour and sauté on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes or till it turns brown in colour and the ghee separates.
- Add the sugar, cardamom powder and ¾ cup of water, mix well and cook on a slow flame for another 5 to 7 minutes or till the sugar dissolves, while stirring continuously.
- Serve hot garnished with almond slivers.