Apple, Banana and Date Salad
Recipe type: salads
It is the dressing that transforms the simple combination of apples, bananas and dates into an exotic and tongue-tickling salad! You are sure to have tried varied dressings ranging from honey-based and lemon-based to olive oil-based and curd-based ones. The Apple. Banana and Date Salad features a totally off-beat dressing made of pineapple juice and lemon juice perked up with lemon rind, mustard powder and other peppy ingredients, which make the salad a totally out-of-the-world experience! Fruit based salads make a meal special and are traditional favorites as a side dish to the Main Course or at any parties, be it a Western Party , a Barbeque Party or an Island Party .
- 2 cups apple cubes (unpeeled)
- ½ cup sliced bananas
- ¼ cup chopped dates (khajur)
- To Be Mixed Into A Dressing
- ¼ cup readymade pineapple juice
- ¼ tsp lemon rind
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp mustard (rai / sarson) powder
- 1 tsp powdered sugar
- salt and to taste
- Combine all the ingredients along with the prepared dressing in a deep bowl and toss well.
- Serve immediately.